Whoa! this is such a revelation …
Well, I visit the “Stats” from time to time not really making heads and tails of it. I just know that it counts everything that is happening in my site but have not thought much of what I can use it for.
After 3 months of being in the WordPress community I am not feeling bad with my stats. In fact the graph looks like I’m on my way up but of course I like the darker shades of blue higher than it is now. Don’t you?
The Darker the Blue the better it is for my site — it means more of you are reading my blog and hopefully don’t just click the “like” star but leave me some of your thoughts and follow me. Lighter Blue hue is of course very very good too — it means you are coming back to see more of what I’ve accomplished so far 😉
So with this task, well, I sort of mapped out what can be done and I think if I want to survive in this “writing cage” then I have to do a bit more effort — so I decided to add some spice and continue those everything nice in the coming days, weeks and months and see how my traffic would spike without a hiccup 😉
- I think Sunday-Monday and Thursday-Friday are my good pair days while Thursday-Wednesday-Tuesdays are runners-up — so I have to find things to do on the other 3 days to encourage others to visit “our” sites (seems like middle of the week is lean)
- I get more traffic, visits, views from the community, when I post in the Daily Prompt or other events — so I have to be more in it hoping to increase the my followers.
- Events and other weekly challenges from fellow bloggers also increases traffic so I will try to engage my site more in that — will challenge myself to do it!
- Take advantage of the Daily Prompt to get inspiration in what I want to write in what method (and genre)
- Nominations for awards are inspiring — I don’t mind getting more of them and helping newbies like me.
If I can I want to be posting daily but there are days when the mind is willing but the hands are not or vis-à-vis … or there are days when inspirations are crowded with other equally important matters (I am actually in the middle of writing my research paper when I got distracted – a welcome one – by this tasks and started writing here) … or when it’s better to be just snuggling with my pillows and read other people’s thoughts in writing than writing mine. Whatever my reasons are, I know the are just excuses for me keeping up with blogging (it’s my alter ego talking behind my back).
So I will try to make good with my goals and start conceptualizing more what this blog site is all about … start sorting through my wealth of photos and experience and telling stories about them … start getting you involved in my writing life.
“the only way is UP”
See you more!